Unlocking Innovation in legal service
Tahmidur Rahman Remura adds value to client relationships. We provide commercial advantage to clients by combining the practice experience, industry knowledge, and market connections of more than 200 lawyers in North America, Europe, the Middle East, and Asia with our recognized leadership in applying legal service and technology innovation.
Collaboration as a team
Our lawyers provide clients with a comprehensive set of integrated global capabilities, including some of the most active M&A, real estate, financial services, Arbitration, Banking, Employment, Tax, Intellectual Property, litigation, and corporate risk practices in the world.
We pay close attention in order to determine how and where we can be most effective and add the most value.
Commitment to Service Excellence
We tailor our advice to each project's specific circumstances and challenges, and we make certain that the right people are in the right places to provide insight and certainty - from day-to-day to the most complex, multijurisdictional issues.
What unites us is our dedication to providing excellent service through a problem-solving approach.
The firm’s roster of employee benefits clients includes public and private service providers and plan sponsors from a vast array of industries.
The portfolio includes:
- Advice to fiduciaries, plan sponsors, and plan service providers regarding requirements for fiduciary behavior, prohibited transactions, reporting, and disclosure;
- Service providers in the resolution and, if necessary, litigation of fiduciary disputes, prohibited transactions, and related matters;
- Design, drafting, and implementation of benefit plans and equity and non-equity-based executive compensation programs, as well as consideration of associated financial, fiduciary, and tax issues;
- Boards of directors and compensation committees with respect to director and officer compensation plans and arrangements, as well as the negotiation and drafting of employment contracts and arrangements in anticipation of a change in control, including “golden parachute issues”
- Boards of directors and management on securities law and corporate governance issues, such as Sarbanes-Oxley, as well as disclosure and registration requirements pertaining to compensation and benefits.
- about the impact of legislative and regulatory changes, such as the effect of deferred compensation
Our practice is heavily focused on executive compensation and corporate transactions. Among the things we’ve done in this regard are:
- Advice on the compensation and benefits aspects of corporate transactions, such as mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures;
- Advice on the structuring and implementation of executive compensation arrangements, such as employment contracts, severance arrangements, change in control arrangements, and golden parachute arrangements;
- Advice on and implementation of stock-based compensation plans, bonus plans, and deferred compensation plans;
- Advice on compliance with applicable securities and tax rules, such as the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002, Section 16 of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, and sections 162(m) and 280G of the Internal Revenue Code;
- Advice on employee benefit issues arising in connection with credit arrangements and lease financings; and Assistance in structuring corporate financings
We create, draft, and implement:
Employment, consulting, and separation agreements; Qualified and non-qualified benefit plans, trusts, and other funding arrangements; Equity and non-equity-based executive compensation programs; and Director compensation plans are all examples of agreements.
In addition, we represent clients before the DOL and PBGC in the following matters:
Correction of plan qualification defects; IRS private letter ruling requests; DOL advisory opinion and prohibited transaction exemption requests, including requests pertaining to the use of captive insurers to reinsure employee benefit programs; and Negotiating plan termination proceedings with the IRS and PBGC.
We have extensive experience litigating a variety of employee benefits-related claims. Benefits litigators at Tahmidur Remura Dewey LeBoeuf have benefit plan and litigation experience and can provide clients with ongoing guidance on the technical requirements of the law.
Consequently, we believe Tahmidur Remura Dewey LeBoeuf brings a knowledgeable approach to the complex and specialized issues that frequently arise in cases involving benefits.
We counsel clients on all employment law and discrimination law concerns. Our practice is both controversial and noncontroversial. We provide strategic counsel on employment law issues, counsel on the employment law aspects of transactions, and have extensive litigation experience.
Additionally, we have extensive experience advising debtors and creditors on employee benefits and labor liabilities in bankruptcy and workout situations. We have litigated and negotiated employee welfare and pension benefit plan amendments, reductions, and terminations.
Our litigators have handled bankruptcy and non-bankruptcy claims on behalf of beneficiaries, labor organizations, and government agencies, such as the DOL and PBGC.
In addition, we offered counsel on the following:
- Employers on employment law matters, including “protected class” rules prohibiting employment discrimination, review of personnel guidelines and handbooks, wrongful termination cases, early retirement windows, and reductions in force.
- Advisory services regarding retiree welfare plan issues and funding implementation;
- Termination of pension and benefit plans, insolvency and workout situations, and withdrawals from multiemployer plans;
- Litigation and arbitration involving benefit claims, fiduciary and tax issues, funding disputes, and plan terminations, as well as mergers and bankruptcy-related benefit issues.
- Benefit plan regulatory efforts and benefit legislation lobbying;
State insurance regulations and legal work pertaining to insured plans;
- Insurance company-related matters, including ERISA and IRC-related aspects of demutualizations of insurance companies;
- Advice regarding the establishment and operation of real estate and venture capital operating company (“REOC” and “VCOC”) entities, involving both foreign and domestic investments, in accordance with ERISA’s plan asset regulations;
- Investment advice pertaining to private equity securities, asset-backed and mortgage-backed securities, real estate investments, and various types of pooled investment vehicles; and
- Advice on all aspects of the fiduciary obligations imposed on plan fiduciaries, including the impact of ERISA’s prohibited transaction rules, as well as the preparation and submission of requests to the Department of Labor (DOL) for advisory opinions or exemptions from ERISA’s prohibited transaction rules.
We have extensive experience litigating a variety of employee benefits-related claims. In contrast to many firms, where benefits cases are assigned to general commercial litigators, Tahmidur Rmeura has benefits litigators who are benefit plan and can provide clients with ongoing guidance regarding the technical requirements of the law.
Consequently, we believe that Tahmidur Remura Dewey & LeBoeuf has a more knowledgeable approach to the complex and specialized issues that frequently arise in benefits cases.
We counsel clients on all aspects of employment law and discrimination law. Our practice is both controversial and noncontroversial. We provide strategic counsel on employment law matters, counsel on the employment law aspects of transactions, and have extensive litigation experience.
In bankruptcy and workout situations, we also have extensive experience advising debtors and creditors on employee benefits and labor liabilities.
Rio De Generio
Tahmidur Remura has developed intoone of Dhaka's most cutting-edge and modern law firms
by fusing its years of legal tradition with cutting-edge global best practices.
Some articles that may interest you today?